Friday, August 5, 2016

Top 5: DC Animated Films

TOP 5 TOP TOP 5

Today I (AdeTheScholar aka Yung The Only Curry I Recognize is Arthur and Denzel) count down the top 5 best DC animated films. I will be completely honest with you guys. I haven't seen every single film. All Star Superman and Green Lantern: Emerald Knights are the two movies I have yet to watch (I will never watch them). Hopefully none of you guys were hoping to see these two on this list and if you were, I have some bad news for ya. Even though this is my opinion, I strongly believe that these are the best films and the order is perfect so if you disagree I hate you. Check out the list below and tell me what you think!


1. Batman: Under The Red Hood
    BEST MOVIE EVER. The action was glorious. The story was authentic and the collection of characters was magnificent. Multiple scenes brought thug tears to my eyes. The Joker beating Jason to a bloody pulp with a crobar is still hard for me to watch, and Batman holding his dead body brings chills thru my body. The emotion shown when Bruce and Alfred both find out Red Hood's true identity justs adds to the affect. But all together, there is no debating how much of a badass Red Hood is. 10/10 film, go debate this with your 23 year old neighbor that failed 10th grade three times.
2. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
    This storyline is undefeated. It might honestly be the best superhero story of all time. The detail of the film is is impeccable. The developement and effort shown to each character throughout the movie is sooooo good. Reverse Flash delivered one of the greatest movie quotes when he told Barry, "Oh, wait! You didn't stop JFK from getting assassinated or make sure Hitler stayed in art school. You saved your mommy. You missed her. And in a supreme act of selfishness shattered history like a rank amateur, turned the world into a living hell moments away from destruction and *I'm* the villain?" ICONIC. Everybody shed a tear at the end when Barry brought Bruce the note from his father. Don't try to lie, it's not worth it
3. The Dark Knight Returns (Part 2)
    Classic. Frank Miller had a hit with his comic and the film definitely did it justice. Old ass Batman looking like someone's granddad whooping ass around Gotham (dressed like an old woman at a point) before taking down Supes with the help of old ass Green Arrow before finessing the world by faking his own death so he could run the city from beneath. Quality. However, my favorite part of the movie was Bat's fight against Joker at the fair. It almost seemed as if Joker couldn't lose that fight at times like when he got stabbed in the eye and kept fighting. Elite villain. Elite Film. Leskedit!!!!
4. Justice League: War
    New Gods, Parademons, Mother Boxes. What else could you ask for in a Justice League film??? Oh yeah, maybe to FIND SOMEONE NOT NAMED ZACK SNYDER TO DIRECT THE LIVE ACTION JL MOVIE. Sorry, back to the topic SMH. This movie is lit as hell. I got so mad I forgot what I was gonna say here. Either way it's top 5. Quality film.
5. Wonder Woman
    Didn't know much about Wonder Woman before I watched this one but it definitely turned me on to her. The world's greatest feminist. She ain't take nothing from nobody! Nothing but savagery from my mighty Amazon queen. The storyline was great and so was the action. Top 5 Top 5 Top 5.

Honorable Mentions: Batman: Year One, Batman: Assault on Arkham, Justice League: Gods and Monsters

No comments:

Post a Comment