Thursday, July 28, 2016

This is the New Superman????


What in the world am I looking at? How does this even remotely look like superman? I'm not crazy right? Like the CW has done pretty great on their casting decisions so far. Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Grant Gustin as the Flash, and Manu Bennett as Deathstroke...all amazing casting choices in  my opinion. But Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf) as Superman? CW and DC could've done way better. His face is just crazy skinny and he doesn't really have muscles. Melissa Benoist looks just as buff as him. Like I keep looking at this picture and keep getting madder, hopefully he gets bigger or something before Season 2 starts filming. I actually really like the costume, its a lot more grounded and realistic without the red undies. I just hope they don't ruin him with their characterization of him on the show, if that happens I might have to protest somehow. Look maybe I'm just over reacting to one picture, but they've been hyping up Superman this whole time and this first look doesn't live up to the hype....at all.



The fan reaction has been wild too, I haven't seen anyone post anything nice except that the costume looks nice. People on the IGN news article have been going at him and the CW in the comments section, saying everything from he looks like an AIDS patient to he looks like a cancer patient. Batman-News.com even tweeted, "Superman... do you even lift bro?". That one was pretty funny, Our own blogger AdeTheScholar even said "he def looks like a 1990's gay San Francisco resident with HIV/AIDS" haha, so specific. The point is no one is happy about this picture above, I truly don't understand how you could be. Casting like this is just another reason why I refuse to watch this show. Hopefully his acting can redeem him, I remember when everyone was pissed about Grant Gustin's casting but look at him now. No one wants to see a Flash that isn't him. All I'm saying is that this could've been better. Let me know about your outrage in the comments section below.

"Man of Steel? More like Man of steal this role from someone who deserves it...am I right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment